Monday, December 10, 2012

Fort Collins

As expected, a great time up in the Fort at the Chubby Cheeks Fat Ass on Saturday.  I ran the marathon course in just over six hours.  Easy effort and nice to be on my feet for that long.  Awesome to see so many like-minded folks up there.  Strava tells me that I'm now the KOM of the Horsetooth Falls Trail Climb, nice to show up and take that away from the locals.  But I'm sure that now Nick or Mike H will jump on Strava just to take that trophy from me.

Stayed up north on Saturday night and visited two more breweries - Pitchers and Equinox.  Good stuff!  Equinox had a pretty solid band playing, and everyone got bonus points when the band threw down a cover of First Tube.



Of course it wasn't all about snooty breweries.  We also visited Tony's for some jager, the Drunken Monkey for some gin, and the Town Pump, where $100 put 14 vodka soaked cherries into her mouth at once.  Probably some other pubs in there as well.  That's on top of all the brews downed after the Fat Ass.  I took a life insurance physical this morning, and I wonder if the UA I provided will still have alcohol in it.

50 miles on the week, with good runs at Incline Happy Hour and the Fat Ass.  Training has really been hit or miss since the no-go at NYC.  Been nice to sort of take a break, but it's about time to get in gear or else Mt. Mitchell is going to hand me my ass.

Hoping to get up to Todd G's Hardrock lottery party on Sunday.  But that's the day after the infamous Verly Hudson Pub Crawl in Manitou, so we'll see if I can get my ass out of bed in time.


5 comments:

Steve Pero said...

Is there going to be a PP50K this year? If so, I've been brewing like mad and have some fine selections to bring up for ya'

brownie said...

Of course there is. January 19th. New course thanks to the Waldo Canyon fire.

Brandon Fuller said...

I had to CR on Strava for that climb from last year's FA. Oh well.

Steve Pero said...

OK, got some IPA(8% ABV), Coffee Stout, DBL Choc Stout,Vanilla Porter and Belgian White I'll bring along...all home brew!
Sorry no PBR ;-(

mike_hinterberg said...

The only thing lamer than Strava cyclists is Strava running.

I bet Terranova climbed that faster at Quad Rock -- that climb comes right after he grabbed a nutritionist-approved PBR at mile 40.