Monday, December 17, 2012

Barr Camp

Dog was a pain in the ass this morning.  Three miles up and down Barr Trail, 50 minutes.

Tomorrow O'Day and I start our new tradition - Tuesday 4:20 Incline.  Stepping off at the lovely hour of 4:20AM if anyone wants to join us.

I believe I have the best luck of anyone in the history of the Hardrock lottery.  Not sure when the lottery started (guys like Blake and Mr. 16-time-finisher-but-still-on-the-waitlist Kirk, got their start way back before Born To Run when there was no lottery).  I bet I even have a better winning percentage than Steve or Deb or Ted.  So I can tell you, there is no sort of lottery conspiracy going on.  I don't have any dirt on Dale, and I'm not rich enough to bribe the entire board of directors.  Whine away because you didn't get in, but there's no need to rip on other runners who happen to get lucky and it's certainly uncalled for to call into question the ethics of those in charge of putting on the race.

8 comments:

GZ said...

4:20 AM?

Damn. Someone has an itch with their ticket getting pulled.

Justin Mock said...

I'm going to call your ethics into question!

Steve Pero said...

JT, I am pretty sure 2001 was the first lottery year. I was last on the wait list at #38 and got in 2 weeks before the run start date.
My record (as far as I can remember) is as follows:
2001 - In off of wait list, finished (Deb was in)
2002 - Cancelled due to fire
2003 - Both in off of wait list, I dnf'd, Deb finished
2004 - In off of wait list, Both dnf
2005 - In off of wait list, Both DNF
2006 - In (Deb off of wait list), both dnf
2007 - In, DNF
2008 - In and finished
2009 - 77th on wait list, DNR
2010 - In, but gave spot to Deb
2011 - In, DNF
2012 - In, DNF
2013 - In (The plan is start #10, finish #3)
My record sucks, but Hardrock is hard! ;-) See you on the 18th...

Andy said...

I don't know but I think I see a pattern... the Comittee of 300, the Illuminati, Skull and Bones, Hardrock Lottery... I bet there is a connection somewhere! At least the lady with the 64 tickets got in. :)

brownie said...

The guy who bought a two pound dog just so he could carry it to wins at pooch races is asking about my ethics?

The only conspiracy-ish thing I saw was Eric Lee not getting in (again). Dude had like 49 million tickets.

brownie said...

Steve, what did they do in 2003 with the runners who were picked in 2002 but didn't run due to the fire? Did they just do another lottery?

Steve Pero said...

In 2002, I'm pretty sure they just pushed us all to 2003. But that doesn't explain what if some couldn't go that year, my guess would be they then hit the wait list from 2002.

Steve Pero said...

Deb's brother, Drew Meyer, had 64 tix and is #7 on the newbie wait list. That wait list is going to be a tough one to get in from.