Saturday, August 25, 2012

Friday

Incredible day.  Started the day with a solid 12 miler through the Garden and Manitou.  The Garden was closed for traffic and a lot of the weekend warrior types had taken the day off work, and you could feel the excitement over there.

This was not part of the 12 miles:


I did a nice 200 meters with the peloton.  And I was running hard, those guys are moving even uphill.  I hopped on my bike and hammered as hard as I could and saw the guys again at 30th and Pikes Peak Ave.  The size and speed of the peloton is so incredible I probably would have been scared had I not been drunk.

We then went downtown and took in the festivities.




Below are a couple 'o pics stolen from Tim B and the crew at PikesPeakSports.us.  Tim and his site have crushed the Gazette this week on coverage of Pikes Peak and the bike race.




Maybe cycling is where it's at, this has never happened to me while running:


1 comment:

mtnrunner2 said...

Wearing a new hat to a bike race is kind of like trying a totally new gel on race day, isn't it? Risky, man, risky.

Caught the start in Durango. Awesome race, and the mob scene on Flagstaff was epic. Of course I was yelling at my TV for people to get the **** out of the way.