Friday, September 17, 2010

catching up...

Bit behind on the blogging after the trip to Grand Junction.

Forgot to mention that last Saturday I ran two races - a one mile fun run in 5:45 followed a few minutes later with a 19:45 5K. Not my best ever, but still a decent workout. The Giant Killer was less interested in an ass kicking than he was in training with inferior competition, I guess.

Lots of pics to post about my runs on the Kokopelli trail and through Colorado National Monument. As well as my hike up Castle Peak yesterday.

Should be a decent weekend running wise. Easy run at the Air Force Academy on Saturday, and the Pony Express trail run on Sunday. Pony Express will be followed by some beers at the new Woodland Park brewery, BierWerks. Anything to take my mind off the fact that I'm not at the Telluride Blues & Brews festival...

Not sure how I feel about the Bear. Haven't done any long runs since Leadville (though Castle was a good six hours of time on my feet). But I feel pretty good, and really, how long does it take to work yourself out of shape after PRing your third hundred miler of the summer?

No comments: