Monday, September 20, 2010

Bear or bust!

Been fairly solid since Leadville. After taking a recovery week (21.6 miles), I had weeks of 73, 70.6, and 76.7 miles. I think (and hope) that's enough to get my ass through these last 100 miles. As much as I'm looking forward to checking out some new mountain trails, I really can't wait for this to be over. Will be nice to take a month or two to just goof off, and not have some epic run hanging over my head...

Going very light with this one. No pacer (though Katie may jump in at mile 93 to finish with me). I'm 0-2 in hundred milers that I've tried without a pacer, but it's always been a goal of mine to get through one solo. Thinking of going with just one drop bag as well - which sounds HFC but I'll get to see Katie and the truck quite a bit over the race.

6 comments:

Footfeathers said...

Rocky Mountain slam baby! Get after it.

KovasP said...

No pacer? Bold. Here's to it working out for you!

Jeremy said...

Good luck.

LK said...

So far, I'm 1 for 2 with pacer/crew. 2 for 2 without both. Here's to hoping it all works out going solo, again, this weekend. You'll get it done. This is just your victory lap for the RM Slam.

mike_hinterberg said...

Jeebus, 71 miles 2 weeks out? I wish I had that kind of recovery. With your experience, I'm guessing you'll be fine without a pacer...even though you signed up for "The Bear" thinking it was a typo on the letter "A"...

Natalee said...

I'll stop waiting by my phone for a call to crew or pace for you. Guess i still need to work on my skills before I can work with a Champ like you! I'll have a PBR in your honor on Saturday. Good luck JT!