Tuesday, August 17, 2010

is it Saturday yet?

Think I got the planning down. I have dreams of doing this race "Mahoney-style" one day, that is, no drop bags or pacers. Don't think this is the year I wanna chance it though. Still, trying to go with as much a KISS plan as possible.

Have a great crew once again, but I'm not going to see them until Twin Lakes. It's just not worth it to have them fighting so much traffic before things can thin out a little bit. Not having them hit Winfield either. Hope to have them follow me the rest of the way back from Twin, but who knows how drunk they'll be after sitting at the firehouse for 14 hours...

I'll be using drop bags at Mayqueen, Fish Hatchery, and Twin Lakes. Six bags over 100 miles are more than enough. I think everyone tends to forget that the aid stations at Pb are loaded with everything you could possibly need.

My pacer is none other than GZ-killer Sean O'D. He will be running the Ascent in the morning, then driving out to pick me up at (hopefully) Twin Lakes. I realize that shit can happen though, and am prepared to continue on alone if he isn't waiting at TL.

Once again, my predicted splits:

Mayqueen 2:10 (6:10AM)
Fish Hatchery 4:00 (8AM)
Halfmoon 5:00 (9AM)
Twin Lakes 7:00 (11AM)
Winfield 10:00 (2PM)
Twin Lakes 13:10 (5:10PM)
Halfmoon 15:40 (7:40PM)
Fish Hatchery 17:10 (9:50PM)
Mayqueen 20:30 (1:10AM)
Finish 23:56:01 (3:56:01AM)

$100 will have access to my FB page and this blog, but I'm not sure how much coverage she'll get in Twin.

11 comments:

GZ said...

GZ killer. Nice. SOD has certainly moved up nicely over the years.

Jeremy said...

good luck.

Unknown said...

Hey - there's some beer in the back of my truck at the start line, go ahead and get it, if you don't your loss and we will be even.... Sound familiar?

J.P. Patrick said...

Good luck! Have some fun and we'll see you out there!

Andy said...

Swinging! I'm ready too. Gonna be crowded but that will thin out quickly I bet (by TL OB). Definitely gonna have to have drinks and some puro's afterwards!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!

Brandon Fuller said...

Prepare to meet your doom.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, man. Hope to see you out there rocking it.

Natalee said...

Team Shart crew will out drink Team PittBrownie. Well, not drink for drink.

Unknown said...

Fuller is NoCRUD so he will kick your ass! Sorry it's just the way it is, get used to it or move to the Ranch.

mike_hinterberg said...

Good luck, have fun!
I want to hear about shoulder-to-shoulder, Krupicka vs. Jornet-style racing between you and Brandon...but with even more shenanigans!