Monday, June 11, 2018

Garden

Shitty race but a fun day at the Garden Ten Miler.  Had some friends from Pitt visiting, and I drank way too much beer Friday and Saturday nights.  When I'm hungover I don't really feel physically bad, but mentally I'm unable to push through the pain when it shows up.  I ran decent for five miles, hitting halfway in exactly 35 minutes.  But there are some hills after that, and I just fell apart.  Finished in 1:13:36.  It's hard to negative split on the new course, but slowing down by 3:36 is pathetic.  Then again, I hadn't run since my 5k over a week before, I was dealing with some pretty bad blisters that I can't get to heal up, on top of the hangover, this was about the best I could have hoped for.  Great rest of the day, hanging at the Red Leg beer tent, then hanging at Tom's house, then Front Range in the evening for the Blue Frog jam.


I talked some mad shit to my buddy Jeff around mile three, and he responded by methodically crushing me a little bit each mile over the rest of the race.

Relive 'Morning Jun 10th'


       

2 comments:

GZ said...

Front Range as in Front Range brewing?

brownie said...

Front Range BBQ. Little juke joint down the street from us.