Friday, April 24, 2015

Friday

Down couple of days due to other commitments (beer drinking) but I should still hit 40 miles for the week.  Five miles up to Carson Pass on Monday, seven mile road runs on Tuesday and Wednesday, and a rest day on Thursday.  Will be hitting the trails in Red Rock Canyon after work today for a few miles, then dropping by Fossil Brewing to help them celebrate their six month anniversary.

Doing two morning classes per week at CityRock nowadays.  Building strength.  Once I decide to commit to becoming a better rock climber this will pay huge dividends.

Also biked to work every day this week and hope to hit 40 bike commutes on the year before I leave for New Orleans on Thursday.

I'm running a 5K on Sunday and looking forward to that.  I want to take a shot at a sub 18 soon, but this probably isn't the course to do it on.  Might cheat and go for that mark in NOLA, but after two days at Jazzfest who knows what the result will be.  I do have a history of drunken running miracles in that city though.

Lots of work still left to do, but the basement bar is coming together quite nicely.  Not sure if I've mentioned it here, but The Red Rock Lounge closed her doors on March 1st.  They were nice enough to let me have a table and four chairs from the place.


No comments: