Wednesday, October 29, 2014

beer 301

Bristol has become the Dave Matthews Band of local breweries, with everyone suddenly thinking it's cool to make fun of them.  But I'll always be a homer for these guys, mostly because of their Laughing Lab.  And lets not forget, year in and year out, the second best pumpkin beer in Colorado Springs is always laughingly far behind the Venetucci Pumpkin Ale.

Cold weather is starting to creep in.  Will have to enact my 30F rule soon.  Had some frost on the ground the last two mornings.  Tried to ride the bike last night but it was just too damn cold for me.  Did get in a nice seven mile run in the Garden this morning though.

5 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

I didn't have any pumpkin beers so far this fall but I may have to try Troegs Master of Pumpkins before it is gone.
Just started reading your earliest posts. Still on December 2005.
Have fun at the Boulder ipa fest.

brownie said...

Damn, hope you're at least drinking some fine PA brews while you're reading, as to not make it a complete waste of your time!

Big fan of Troegs, with we could get it out here.

Bob Johnson said...

Yep. Drinking Perpetual IPA.

Bob Johnson said...

Up to Feb 2007 of your blog. I'm laid up with a level 1 sprained ankle so no running this weekend.
Drinking Troegs, Sierra Nevada Celebration, and Deschute Jubelale while enjoying the early days of the blog.
You mention your dad running the Newport 10k in an early post. Does he still do that? That's only 30 minutes are so from my house.
Cheers.

brownie said...

He doesn't, as he has retired and moved to Titusville. I've done the Newport Turkey Trot and had a great time!

But, no matter where I live, there is only one race I can recommend on Thanksgiving Day. The Run For The Diamonds.