Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday

PM - Easy four miles in Red Rock Canyon, 41 minutes.

Decided I'm going to take the next few months to concentrate on shorter distances.  My Colorado 5K PR is 17:45 and I'd like to see if I can get back down there.  I was going to do my usual build up to an early 2014 road marathon sub three shot, and I was about ready to sign up for Eugene, but they moved that race to July.  So I'll save up the vacation and stay local for a while.  I do have some big ideas I'm kicking around for next year (some of them lottery dependent) and it'll be good for me to spend a few months working on the faster stuff.

I have given up on any kind of decent performance this weekend at the Black Squirrel half.  Partly because I haven't been running much lately, and partly because the douchebag RD has banned trekking poles!  Plus, I don't want to jeopardize my performance at the Tour de Fat by racing too hard.  Hopefully I'm far enough under the cutoff (4.5 hours) that the aid stations won't run out of anything.  There is one section where you have to run a full 2.5 miles between aid stations, so I'm looking for pacers and crew if anyone is interested.

Before that last paragraph pisses off all you Leadville peeps, please know it was a joke.  What is not a joke, but much less believable than any of the shit I've ever put on this blog, is that the Pittsburgh Pirates are preparing to sell post-season tickets.  21 straight losing seasons for us Bucco fans.

7 comments:

Rob said...

Should I stash you some cheeseburgers and PBRs on the course? Maybe even mark you some shortcuts ("Brownie only"). I'm not feeling particularly fast these days either.

Local Mind Media said...

No trekking poles?! I'm calling the fucking RD right now.

GZ said...

I'd be willing to go head to head in a 5k with trekking poles too if you wanted. And only 2 pacers each.

brownie said...

I'm getting pacers for our 5K. Africans. Need to keep the pace fast to take away your kick.

GZ said...

Yes, the blistering 44 year old kick.

MadMarmot said...

That paragraph pisses me off...no,not that one,the one that says you have a better 5k pr than me.Life sucks.

brownie said...

It hurts me too, knowing I used to run two minutes faster. Life sucks worse when you're old.