Monday, May 16, 2011

weekend results

Salida Sprial Drive - 27:01, second place overall. Third to the top of the hill. Managed to close the gap a bit on the way down, but just couldn't get the job done. Raced real hard, and I blame that :01 on Evan, who told me to race without a watch...

Colfax Marathon - 3:25:12. Pretty happy with the lack of effort it took to go sub 3:30, very easy out there. Wanted to run the first ten miles at eight minutes a mile. With no watch and no clocks on the course until that point, I ran 1:19:57. My finishers medal is now enshrined at Sancho's Broken Arrow, free PBR to anyone who can find it.

2 comments:

trudginalong said...

Sorry I didn't stop in the arrow, had the little man with me and we had just gotten to the park. He was pretty excited to be outside after being stuck in a bar for 2 hrs prior. Likely will be heading down to Manitou the weekend after Memorial day for a long run/incline. My good buddy just got a place in downtown Manitou so it'll be a cristening. Will keep you in the loop.

Hone said...

If you would have worn a watch your time would have been closer to 30 minutes. Its science.