Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Bandera is coming!

Lost in all the confusion of my life lately has been the fact that I have to run 62 very difficult miles this Saturday. Not going to be easy, the completion rate seems to hover around 60% every year. Last year only 53% of those who started ended up finishing.

So now I'm stressing over the small things. Like drop bags. Never used 'em before, now I'm scrambling to pack. Also picked me up a pacer (thanks, Abe!), so that should help those final 20 miles when I'm dead tired and tripping over every rock in the dark.

One of the things that will help me keep on keepin' on is the Last Chance aid station. Tradition states that you do a shot of tequila here, and it's only about three more miles to the end.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

What the hell is a drop bag?

brownie said...

Just a bag full of gear. Extra socks, warm shirts, supplements, stuff like that.

dayoldfish said...

don't stress, you will finish. The Brownie Machine

Barbara said...

Just carry a bottle of Jager in your drop bag..yo

Jes said...

What's this shit about a drop bag? I remember you out in -10 degree blizzards with nothing but crappy umbro shorts and a t shirt, running around like a maniac. Warm shirts and extra socks. Hah! Storing your balls in that drop bag too?

Just kidding. Dude you can do this run in your sleep.

Gagger said...

Don't forget to bring Doritos...isn't that what you were craving towards the end of your 50-miler?

Rafael said...

I think you definitely need to include some jager in the drop bag