Monday, March 02, 2009

nine nines

Starting a new schedule at work today. Work 8AM to 6PM every day, but I get every other Friday off. Should work out pretty well for me, as it gives me an extra half hour in the morning to run and still gives me pleanty of time after work to run. Also saves me a ton of vacation as I have geniusly planned my three day weekends to fall on Desert RATS, Collegiate Peaks, Jemez Mountain, Sand Dunes, Leadville, and Telluride Blues & Brews. This Friday is my first three day weekend and I'm thinking of celebrating with an epic long run...

They've also messed with my lunch hour, going from 12:30 to 1:30 now. Which is awesome, because it lets me ROWMCO to the Blue Plate Special on KRCC and then hit the rock gym when it's not quite as crowded.

Unfortunately, this may be the end of a tradition I've held since I moved to Colorado - the CRC happy hour. Since my slowpoke ass won't be able to get there 'till at least 6:30PM, I think I'm just gonna start taking the bus to work on Wed and running home.

5 comments:

Jillian said...

That is extra depressing...I am not a fan of this:(.

Carie said...

That's what I do now and friggin love it! It makes for long days but the 3-day and occasional 4-day weekends kick ass!

Gagger said...

Does one of those weekends fall on TXIH? Or are you really bailing on that, like the rumors say??

brownie said...

I can't make it this year. Besides, it's your turn to come to Colorado!

Gagger said...

I know, I know.