Friday, March 02, 2007

world beer tour

Little more sore from my run than I thought I'd be, plus it was freezing outside, so I decided to bail on the bike pub crawl. However, I began a new chapter in my beer drinking adventures, I started my list for the world beer tour at Old Chicago's. I know I'll take some flack for going to a chain, but A) I'm downtown a lot, and there just aren't a whole lot of good, local bars downtown and I need somewhere to drink down there and B) OC's was founded in Boulder, so at least I'm supporting a Colorado chain. And it's not like I'm gonna stop adding to my list of local dive bars.

Anyways, to finish the world beer tour you gotta drunk 110 beers. I had three last night.

1. Blarney Stone
2. Black and Tan
3. Killian's Irish Red Lager

They're currently having an Irish themed "mini-tour" and if you drink eight Irish themed beers by March 17th you get a t-shirt and a blow job from a leprechaun.

So three down, 107 to go. Not nearly as cool as Lovejoy's beer college, but at least I'm still in pursuit of beer knowledge.

4 comments:

Impala Mama said...

Give the Lindemans Framboise Lambic a try next time you are there. Although, I am sure you have had it a million times before, while running uphill, in the wind, after 8 shots of backcountry moonshine, with no shoes on...
Seriously though, it is a good one.

Nick said...

God I want to "do" you when you talk about beer...

Impala Mama said...

...are you talking about me or Brownie?

clea said...

JT...don't know if you remember me from your Austin days....we only met a couple times, but your blog is awesome. I have added you my favorite blogs. Gotta appreciate your love of fine beverages.