Monday, March 05, 2007

Air Force weekend

Had a pretty decent weekend out at Schreiver. Was supposed to take a PT test on Sat morning, but turns out it was too cold!

Found out that I get to fulfill my two week annual tour by going to the Air Force NCO professional development course. I asked if it was similar to the Army PLDC, which I went to way back when it was still a month long (it's only two weeks now) and someone laughed and said, "yeah, except it's a lot easier and you don't go outside." So I'll get to crash at my place every night and won't miss any hashing. It's a two week course, the last week of April and the first week of May. Trying to play the patriotism card to get my civilian job to pay me while drawing military pay and BAH, we'll see if I can swing that.

Also got out of duty the weekend of the Platte Road Challenge. Gonna announce a start time soon. NIPS and I will be doing the Greenland Trail 50K that morning, so I'm looking at a late afternoon start, to give me time to finish and recover.

Not a whole lot else happened during the weekend. Lots of sitting around bullshitting. Got out early enough on Sat to say hello to the Kimchi hash and then hit the Banff Film Festival (it's coming to Austin on March 25 and any outdoor lover should go check it out) and early enough on Sunday to head out for a nine mile run while the sun was still up.

No comments: