Monday, March 12, 2007

my new hero

"If you're active it saves you sitting in a wheelchair."
-Buster Martin

Just read about this guy in The Week. The story:

A 100-year-old British man managed to fight off a gang of three teenage muggers. Centenarian Buster Martin, who still works full time as a car mechanic, was walking home from a pub when the teenage gang "pushed me against a wall and tried to take my money from me." Furious, Martin shoved one mugger and king-fu kicked another between the legs. "They ran off scared after I did that," said Martin, "and I still had all my money."

Sounded a bit too good to be true, but I googled the story and it looks legit, as seen here and also on wikipedia.

So, at 100 years old, this guy staggers out of a pub and kicks some ass on the way home! Hell yeah!

3 comments:

Late Nite Drive Thru said...

he obviously is a lot tougher than I was

Catwoman said...

We make 'em tough in England!!

Catwoman said...

Sheesh! the guy also has 17 kids!!