Saturday, January 31, 2009

HPb 65 - long run

Real good long run this morning.  My normal 20 mile loop but I passed up the Sante Fe trail for the concrete of Cascade Blvd to get my body ready for the pounding at Austin.  Stupid wind killed me on Garden Road but other than that the weather was awesome.  Also did an extra loop around Manitou to get to 21 miles, since 21 is a lucky number for the city of Pittsburgh.  Free beer at the Townhouse Lounge for the first person to tell me why.  The luck started working immediately, as I got back in time to watch my Pitt Panthers kick the crap out of Notre Dame.

Listened to Spearhead and John Butler Trio the entire way.  A lot of those two bands' best music is about criticizing 'ol George W.  Hope they can continue to crank out the great tunes now that Obama is in office.

Start time - 7AM
Distance - 21 miles
Time - 3:04:59
Pace - 8:49 per mile
Weather - awesome!  50F and sunny!
Weight - 171 lbs

No comments: