Tuesday, January 13, 2009

HPb 48 - easy Garden

Slept in this morning due to a long drive tonight, but still got a few miles in. The Garden was still icy as all hell so the pace was slow, and the recent cold front hadn't left yet, so it was pretty much a miserable run.

Tomorrow I'll get about eight miles in on Guadalupe Peak (at 8749 feet it's the highest point in Texas). Rest day on Thursday so I can spend the entire day at Hueco. I'll try to get up early on Friday for a few miles around the UTEP campus, but we'll see how hungover I am. Sunday is the only day of the year I count the hash as a workout - the Asshole Trail. But you just can't get away from whiney hashers anymore and after last year's 20+ mile trail the EPH3 shitcanned the usual hares, so I won't be surprised if this year's trail is short. Still, it'll be nice to spend a few days with some warm sunshine and extra oxygen.

Start time - 6AM
Distance - 5.0 miles
Time - 48:43
Pace - 9:45 per mile
Weather - friggin' cold, probably around 25F
Weight - 174 lbs

No comments: