Sunday, January 04, 2009

HPb 37 - Leadville snowshoe run

Wow, what an adventure that was!  I'll do a much more detailed race report later, in fact I'm hoping to write an article for the PPRR newsletter about it since so many locals were out there.  Pretty miserable experience, great weather but crossing Turquoise Lake sucked ass since there was tons of wind and slush.  I'm typing this over 24 hours after I finished and I still can't feel two of my toes.  Since I wasn't sure what to expect, I started off way too easily (I was in last place for almost two miles) and probably could have done this around five hours had I not jerked around for the first 15 miles.

The snowshoes screwed up my stride just enough to make me pretty sore today.  Won't take long to recover though.

Start time - 10AM
Distance - 20 miles
Time - 5:44:13
Pace - 17:13 per mile
Weather - "nice" for Leadville; highs in the upper teens, but the wind chill made the entire race in the single digits
Weight - 174 lbs



No comments: