Sunday, January 25, 2009

HPb 56 - winter series #2

Needed a good effort to boost my struggling Boston qualification dreams here, and I got it.  Eight miles out and back on the Sante Fe trail, out in 27 minutes and back in 26 minutes.  53 flat officially, though I think Dave was snoozing a bit and didn't see my olympic sprinter-ish lean at the tape as I thought the clock read 52:59.  Finished 16th overall (198 finishers) and even got second in my age group.  A tactical error cost me at least nine minutes and I wasn't able to challenge Justin after that, but I was not the last CRUD finisher as I whooped Harry pretty good.  I have to mention that because it's pretty rare that I finish anywhere near Harry, let alone in front of him.
Took my 6:38 per mile pace, plugged that 41:07 10K split into the RW calculator, and it adds up to a 3:09:07 marathon!  As Hoover Daaamn would say, "Boston in oh-ten, baby!"

Start time - 10AM
Distance - 8.0 miles
Time - 53 flat
Pace - 6:38 per mile
Weather - chilly, low to mid 20s
Weight - 174 lbs

3 comments:

Justin Ricks said...

Nice race...at the half way point I though that you would catch Paul Sullivan. You were a lot closer to him this race than in Palmer Park a couple of weeks ago.

brownie said...

Yeah, that's about the closest I've ever been to Sully halfway through a race. I couldn't get any closer to him in the second half though.

Anonymous said...

Nice work, bitch! I want to see a sub-3 hour finish from you in Austin!