Tuesday, January 27, 2009

HPb 60 - Plaza of the Rockies

Just to give you an idea of how cold it was this morning, when I left my house at 5:40AM my phone was fully charged. When I arrived in downtown Colorado Springs about twelve minutes later, it was dead. Today was probably the second coldest day I've ever run in Colorado.

Decided to join a group of PPRR guys at the Plaza of the Rockies (Tejon and Colorado) this morning. It's a bunch of roadies who are a lot faster than me, which I figured would make me run that much harder to keep up. Despite sub zero temps there was a good group who showed, about ten brave souls. We warmed up to Shooks Run and then did a 25 minute tempo run north to the train tracks and back south on the Sante Fe trail, followed by a 15 minute cool down. Real good effort, though the pace seemed slow due to not being able to see the trail because of all the fresh snow. Still, much better an effort than I would have done alone and infinitely better than resetting the alarm and going back to sleep like I wanted to do.

Even had time afterwards to hit the Y to throw around some weights and work on my jump shot.

Start time - 6:00 AM
Distance - 6.7 miles
Time - 55:47
Pace - 8:20 per mile
Weather - 3F, snow
Weight - 171 lbs

No comments: