Wednesday, April 30, 2008

the weekend...

I'm off to world headquarters in Denver tomorrow for some drug & alcohol training Thursday and Friday, and won't have access to a computer. So here's what's going down this weekend...

Most of the next two days are filled with work crap, so I won't get much fun time in D-town. Hope to at least get a short run in with Melissa, she doesn't have much more time in Colorado.

We get off early Friday afternoon, which is sweet because it's straight to Leadville! Woohoo! Have a room at the hostel Friday and Saturday night.

Saturday morning it's off to Buena Vista for the Collegiate Peaks 50 miler. Even though I will be trying to lower my PR (8:49, set a few years ago at Sunmart), it all depends on how quickly this ear infection goes away. The pain is finally all gone, but it still feels like there's a gallon of fluid in my ear. But it's only Wednesday, and with an easy Thursday and Friday coming up, I think I might be OK. PR or not it'll be great to get in such a long run, need to start upping the distance as Hardrock draws closer.

Saturday night it's back to Leadville for some high altitude binge drinking. There might be one or two bars in that town I haven't been to, plan to hit those and then head to the Manhattan to get fucked up.

Sunday morning will be an easy run around the Mineral Belt trail. Nothing like an easy twelve miler above 10,000 feet to lose the hangover. I noticed the road back to Winfield (turnaround point for the Leadville 100) seemed clear last time I drove by, so if I have enough time I may head back there to check things out. That would also take me past the trailhead for the Missouri/Oxford/Belford loop I wanna run soon, so I can check out how much snow is on that route.

Of course, back to Manitou in time for Acid Jazz.

Woohoo! Good times!

1 comment:

aka Moogy said...

Have fun dude. You are totally beyond being my hero!!