Thursday, April 03, 2008

Incline Club hill climb!

Figured not too many brave souls would show up tonight, but about 30 ICers toughed out the crappy weather for the first Thursday hill climb of the year. Did 15 x 1 minute repeats up Barr Trail, with one minute easy in between. I hammered the repeats and walked the easy part, need to make sure my hiking skills are up to par for Hardrock. Was hoping to make it to the top of the W's, and I got there as my 13th repeat ended. Great workout, which included stops at Kinfolk's and the Townhouse on the way home.

Have a very important race on Sunday which I hope to break 90 minutes at. My taper since Tuesday has included two 7 mile long tempo runs, a 4 x 1200 track workout, a weight workout at the Y, three straight days of the rock gym, the IC hill climb, the Incline, and a twelve mile easy run. Tomorrow is a rest day, only hitting the rock gym, the Y, and the Incline. Saturday it's a 25 to 30 miler in the morning, followed immediately by the hash. Should leave me good and fresh for Platte River.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck this weekend, buddy! let me know how it goes.

Paul DeWitt said...

hey you worthless wanker; you need to stick with the real runners (CRUD) on Thursdays!

brownie said...

I'd love to, but none of those CRUD guys have jobs! Who the hell can make a 5PM start time on a Thursday? I get their so late I can't even catch Keith!

The re-awakening of an Athlete said...

reading some of your posts - sounds like you are going to smoke me at the Platte River 1/2.

Best to the both of us.

brownie said...

Good luck out there! I got nice and shitty drunk last night, so I'm not expecting much...