Thursday, April 10, 2008

Incline Club hill climb! New PR!

Great workout tonight at the IC hill climb. One mile warm up to the start, then a 30 minute tempo run up Barr Trail. It was more like a race than a tempo run for me though. Hammered as hard as I could, held second place (first place if you don't count Matt) for 27+ minutes. Someone who paced themselves a little better was able to get me at the end, but the next guy was quite a ways back.

Smashed my PR to the top of the W's along the way. Old record was 23:17, ran last year at the Barr Trail Mountain Race. Hit that point today in 21:29, taking almost a full two minutes off my old PR! Slowly but surely I'm working my way into the best shape of my life.

Good quote taken from the IC newsletter. After the tempo run up Barr Trail, we do four hill repeats on Hydro Drive, which is the short but steep road up to the Barr Trail parking lot (or that nasty bitch hill at the very end of BTMR). This was overheard last week:

"We do hill repeats for our cool down. Do you really want to know what the 'workout' is?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice work, biatch! i wish i could come up to colorado this summer and train with you. next year.