Sunday, April 06, 2008

Platte River

Ran 1:26:09 for the Platte River half marathon. Much faster than I thought I'd go, and I think I would have been 1:24 had I not had a raging hangover from sending Boobs off last night. Splits I can remember:

Mile 1 - 6:38
Mile 2 - 13:01
Mile 3 - 19:33
Mile 10 - 65:45

Really struggled in keeping up the pace over the last 5K, but I pushed hard. Pretty psyched about the race, didn't think I could run that fast. Plugging that time into the runner's world calculator predicts a marathon finish of 2:59.

This is my fastest half marathon ever. First Colorado PR. Even beats my Slacker time. Ran this same race last year in 1:41. Next race up is the Greenland 50K, my first ultra since Leadville, and I'm gonna try to lower my current PR at that distance (4:22).

Race report to follow, as well as hash trash from the Pikes Peak and Boulder hashes. All in all, one helluva weekend!

7 comments:

MW said...

That's a kick ass time. I went and looked at the course, and it looks a lot like 3M here. congrats on the PR.

brownie said...

Think if you're used to the altitude it might even be a faster course than 3M. There's one "hill," about 150 meters long where you go up to a bridge. Other than that it's pancake flat.

Jes said...

Can't believe you skipped TXIH for that! You suck!!

brownie said...

I can get my drama up here, no need to go all the way to Texas for it anymore!

In my defense, I did do two hashes this weekend.

BLOS said...

Nice work at Platte River!

Jes said...

That's 2 more trails than I did.

aka Moogy said...

Shit, after all you drank on Sat...
I gotta get on your caloric training schedule.