Monday, April 28, 2008

judgment day

Received this e-mail from the Hardrock race director the other day. Everyone cross their fingers fingers for me, I'll be crushed if this race gets cancelled.

Hi Hardrockers,
I have been fielding some e-mails about the snow levels on the course and whether or not we will be canceling this years Hardrock. Traditionally, we have looked at the snow levels, rate of snow melt, etc around Memorial Day and make a decision. This year we will be getting together a week earlier (5/18) to look at everything. Stay Tuned!

Dale

P.S. From the accu-window weather station out Lois MacKenzie's window in Silverton... . she can actually see rocks poking through the snow!

2 comments:

aka Moogy said...

Yeah, keeping my fingers crossed. If they do cancel it I am thinking about going to San Diego or BigHorn if I can get it. Maybe pacing at WS.
Do you have any idea that if they cancel it we automatically get in next year?

brownie said...

Not sure, Moogy. I'm sure there's nothing the RD could do to not piss off a whole bunch of people though.

I'd consider Big Horn, though I have a feeling Hardrock will be a go. Though someone did tell me on Sunday that the area got snow as recently as last week...