Monday, April 07, 2008

saturday

Great day on Saturday. Up at 5AM for a killer long run. Five hours that took me to the summit of Red Mountain, along Ute Pass, around Waldo, up Longs Ranch Road (one of the worst hills in the area), down Barr Trail, and back to my place via the Intemann trail. Felt good, and I was able to run the entire thing, minus the very top of Longs Ranch. Stuck my kankle in Fountain Creek afterwards. I don't recommend that, it's kinda so cold it feels like someone is jabbing a knife into you.

After a quick shower it was off to Will's pub in downtown CS for the Pikes Peak hash. Not a big fan of downtown hashes, but I had to go support No Girth since he's a Kimchi hasher at heart. After a bunch of drinks at Will's, Boobs, BLOS and I went on trail all the way to Southside Johnny's. Luckily for me, they had the 24oz cans of Pabst. We ran into a hasher home on leave from Iraq at SJ's, real good to drink with him for a bit.

Rest of the trail was uneventful, save for finding one of Tonka Butt's maxi pads on trail. The hash ended at an old stomping ground of mine, the Triple Nickel tavern. Always have pitchers of PBR for $5.55 there, woohoo! Circle, run by Wong Way, was a good one, and I drank quite a bit. Don't remember taking my pants off, but looking at some pictures I suppose it may have happened.

Bob and I left to head back to my place. On the way there, Boobs calls and tells me that Bristol brewing is having $0.33 pints to celebrate the end of prohibition. A couple of illegal u-turns later Bob and I pull into Bristol to join the party. Several more pints here and we end up back at my place for some PBR.

$100 Fuck shows up and drives my drunk ass back downtown to McCabe's to see Boobs off. No way I should have continued to drink, but oh well. Saw a bunch of wankers I hadn't seen in a long time down at McCabes, that was cool. Pounded three pints of Guinness at McCabes which sent me over the edge and I don't remember much after Tonka and MeatGazer showed up. Next thing I know, my alarm is going off at 5AM...

No comments: