Tuesday, May 31, 2011

weekend

Salida Marathon - 3:34. Tried for the win, led from mile one through mile 19, but mentally and physically I was fried after 13 miles. All that racing is catching up to me, which was all part of the San Juan plan. Still, lots of fun down at this new race, I'm sure I'll be there again next year.

Bolder Boulder - lots of fun and a faster than expected 46:19. I believe I was the first person of the entire race to drink, taking in a keg stand just after mile two. There weren't as many party stops this year, though that may have been due to starting so early. Ended up with three beer stops and a doughnut stop (didn't see the bacon stop this year, WTF???). I was the first runner to drink at all the stops except for the beer/doughnut stop, and I'm pretty sure this is the guy who beat me there...

Mile 1 - 6:57
Mile 2 - 6:50
Mile 3 - 7:38 (keg stand)
Mile 4 - 8:30 (beer and doughnut stop)
Mile 5 - 6:51
Mile 6 - 8:03 (hash beer check)

Yes, I was soundly defeated by this bum.

1 comment:

Brandon Fuller said...

Yes, I am pressing refresh on the brighroom pictures to get visual proof that you cried as I passed you!

Good seeing you out there.