Friday, May 27, 2011

six hours of the incline - July 23

I'll be doing six hours of the Incline on July 23rd. Will park my truck near the bottom for an aid station. I know it's tough getting folks out during the summer months, but all are welcome to join me. I'll try to get Grimes out as an honorary starter. Official course will not use the shortcut trail.

Award ceremony at Kinfolk's following the run. Free bottle of PBR to the winner. I will also lobby heavily to have the winner included in the elite division at the Cheyenne Mountain 50K next year.

The dog and I will be doing some kind of survery on the Incline on Saturday. Be there from 2PM to 6PM. Say hello if you're on the trail.

4 comments:

Jim P. said...

Any interest in running a bunch o' the winter Fat Ass course tomorrow morning? A couple of us northerners are headed down for a 6:30 a.m. start at a Manitou RV park.

brownie said...

Damn, gotta do the PPRR Garden run tomorrow or else I'd join in. Need to stay out of the mountains since I'm shooting for 2:04 at Salida on Sunday.

Yunz guys need any maps or advice? I'll be in your area at 6:30.

GZ said...

Are burros allowed?

Jim P. said...

We ended up having a good run, although we could have used some points on routes. We ran up Barr Trail to a mile or so below Barr Camp and hung a right. Ended up on the Herzler Trail. Ran it to 24, then had to run down the highway a ways to Waldo. Ran Waldo left to Williams and back to town. Good stuff y'all have down there! Catch you live next time.