Saturday, May 28, 2011

Salida over/under

Gonna go with 3:14:59 as the over/under on Salida. Only because it's the new BQ time. Very easy effort with the 3:24 at Colfax, so I should have a pretty good shot. Then again, I've been racing out of my mind lately, so I'm due for a letdown sooner or later. Guess right and I'll buy you a beer. Guess wrong and I'll come collectin' some booze.

And just for kicks: I get a 30 second head start on Brandon at Bolder Boulder on Monday (I'm in the super elite A wave, he's in the mediocre-at-best AA wave). Will I hold him off? I'll have to kick twice to do it - once heading into the hash beer check at mile 6.1 (so I have time to chug a beer) and then once again on the CU track.

No run today, but the dog and I did four hours of volunteer work at the Incline. The new Friends of the Incline have good intentions, but christ almighty they're really, really, really into having lots of new rules and regulations in place when the Incline "legally" opens in October. Boulder South is coming to Manitou!

8 comments:

Feets of Pedestrianism said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Feets of Pedestrianism said...

Under at Salida. Getting beat by Brandon on Monday. Those are my predictions. Drinking in Boulder Afterwards?

GZ said...

Email me if you need a place to crash, pre, post race.

That's Mr. McGoogly to you! said...

Salida course is higher altitude and tougher than Colfax, so I'm going with over. Prove me wrong!

I meant to meet you at the Moab races, but we never were running in the same direction. Anyway, cheers.

Jim P. said...

Under.

Digger said...

Under!(3:11:43)

brownie said...

3:34:xx. Horrific second half. Body really fell apart out there. Good times!

1:37 at the half.

Jesse said...

over.