Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jesus is coming! Look busy!

Been so busy lately I have completely forgot about judgment day coming up this Saturday. Noticed in the bible that the rapture will begin at 6PM in whatever your time zone you're in (New Zealand gets it first!). Gives me 13 hours to finish Jemez, because in AJW's book the end of the world is no excuse for a DNF. My best out there is 13:37, so I'll need to step it up.

I think all sub 13 guys should get a t-shirt that says "I beat the rapture at Jemez!" and all the guys over 13 hours get a shirt that reads, "I didn't beat this rapture at Jemez, but I'll be back in 2012 to beat that rapture!"

7 comments:

Feets of Pedestrianism said...

you should probably drink a few beers along the way just in case. You don't want to face the end of the world sober.

brownie said...

Great idea! Hoping I can get done fast enough to jet up to Eske's Brewery in Taos to celebrate the end of the world...

AJW said...

Damn right it's not!

AJW

mike_hinterberg said...

My understanding is that only the righteous will be raptured on Saturday, and then the world will really end in fire on October 21st. But it will still be badass to look over your shoulder and see four horseman coming out of the clouds right before finishing Jemez. Or whatever.

So, cheers to a summer of less-crowded trails as well as less traffic to get there!

Olga said...

I beat the raptiure at Jemez! I'll still be abck in 2012 and beat you:)

Olga said...

It would help to turn the lights on when typing.

Leslie said...

*snicker*