Sunday, May 08, 2011

Collegiate Peaks

1st lap - 3:50
2nd lap - 4:16

Awesome race. Right up there with Leadville 2010 as far as actually trying to get to the finish line quickly as opposed to the meandering around I usually do during ultras. Really gave everything I had to go sub eight. Eight hours came and went as I was about half a mile from the finish line, pretty heartbroken at working so hard and coming up just short. Took a seat on a rock for a few minutes then jogged the rest. Can't complain too much, as it took almost 30 minutes off my former PR, set on this course in 2008.

Great to see everyone out there! The post run happy hour at Eddyline was one of the best parts of the race!

12 comments:

ChrisB said...

Great race! I was stoked when you told me your time. Nice to see you bust one out like that.

Hone said...

Nice dude. I have no idea what the course is like but I am pretty sure it is not a fast and easy one.

I love how you said you sat down for a bit then finished it up. Hilarious.

Patrick Thurber said...

the post-race beering must have felt so righteous. nothing goes better with a cold pint than a PR...except for maybe a sidecar of well bourbon.

mike_hinterberg said...

Helluva job! I would have loved to have lost to you by a minute if you ran 7:58. But as it turns out, after sandbagging and acting uncertain about the 2nd loop, you ran a solid race all day. Congrats!

Justin Mock said...

You took some scalps!

trudginalong said...

Must have been that inspirational run with JM and I. Elite wave...

Jesse said...

well done.

GZ said...

Well done. Bet that sunburn hurts a bit today.

Rob said...

Damn! Pretty impressive. Maybe you should rethink boycotting 100s this year. I think you were just getting warmed up at 50.

Harsha said...

Congrats JT. You did real good.

Jaime said...

Hell of a race JT. Congrats on the PR. It was good chatting with you early on.

Jaime

leila degrave said...

Dude, you were smokin on Saturday. Zipped right past before I had a chance to say anything funny...oh well next time. Nice run!