Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Leadville

Leadville rego is now open. Click here to sign up. $250 to enter the run this year, up 50 bones from last year. But at least we're not getting the shaft like the mountain bikers, who have to pay a $15 "application fee" just to get into the lottery. I've also taken the training camp ($200) and the 24 Hours of Leadville (it's a bike race, not a run) off my schedule. Fear not, great city of Leadville, the money I don't spend on your races will be spent in your bars.

I think rego for the Triple Bypass and Buena Vista 100 are open as well, but you'll have to visit some road cycling nerd's blog for that info.

3 comments:

Nick said...

I think PB was $225 last year, but that's still an 11 percent hike when inflation continues to hover at 0.

Marathon is up ten bones too (15%). I don't see anything of value added to the races for the runner. I love Leadville and their races, however, the whole set up is beginning to feel like a bit of a gold rush. Hope they don't get too greedy and bust this one too.

WS100 is still the most expensive 100 out there (I think) at 295, but at least they had the decency to not hike their prices for 2010.

brownie said...

I think Pb100 was $200 last year if you entered early.

I always make myself feel better by saying at least this hobby is cheaper than skiing, but it's starting to get close.

FYI, Hardrock was $225 the first year I ran it, then went up to $250 last year.

Jeremy said...

mmmm...triple bypass