Monday, December 21, 2009

2010 resolutions

Holy crap, it's already a new decade! Been working on this for a few weeks now. Here's what I got so far for 2010 goals.

Running - I had one of my most fun filled years of running in 2009, chasing 3000 miles. It was a perfect balance that allowed me to get into great shape while having time for a social life. I'm gonna shoot for 3,100 miles in 2010. I'm already over that in '09. Have some other goals in mind for certain races, but I'll get to those later.

Yoga - Started dabbling in this in '09 and it has done wonders for my hamstrings and lower back. And I swear the reason I keep returning has nothing to do with all the hottie CC gals. Going to go to at least 100 classes in '10.

Books - In an earlier post I set the number at 10. I've already cheated on this, as I've started "The Last Season" and since I won't finish 'till next year I'm gonna count that as book #1.

Commuting - Every day I drive to work I put 20 miles on my truck. About 14 to and from the office, and another six to and from the gym. That's just short of a gallon of gas. In 2010, I'm either gonna run, pedal, or take the bus to work at least 20 times. That will save me just over a full tank of gas. One less car!

Diet - This area is always a struggle for me, as I loves me the junk food. But as I have slowly improved in this area, I feel worse and worse every time I give in to fast food. So I'm giving it up. Besides, the fact that I make fun of fat people and then think nothing of going to McD's or Burger King makes me somewhat of a hypocrite. This is a very difficult goal for me since the only places open late at night when I'm drunk are fast food joints. Note: this does not include the ocasional frosty from Wendy's or a blizzard from DQ. And it certainly doesn't include King's Chef or any research into the ongoing Burger Wars.

Other lists - Yeah, I keep a lot of lists. I've currently bagged 25 of Colorado's 14ers, and I'd like to get that to 30 in the next year. That's very doable, since there are still some of the Collegiate Peaks I haven't hiked. My 50/50/50 plan? Due to my schedule I'll probably only add Massachuettes and hopefully Arizona. Possibly Wyoming. Maybe more if I get into JFK. One last thing I've notced is that my push up ability has gone to crap since I traded the climbing gym for a normal gym. So I'm gonna go back to my old standby of 100 push ups a day.

7 comments:

Impala Mama said...

Good luck!

Brandon Fuller said...

We run to eat! For which, we then have to run to burn off what we ate. But then we are hungry again. I am dizzy.

Moogy said...

Fuck...I'm just hoping that I live to see April.

Carolina John said...

wow, 3100 miles is a ton! i think if you cover that many miles, you can eat all the junk food you want. of course, i gave it up years ago, and i've never felt better.

GZ said...

Kick ass. Add these:

- get an A wave qual
- keep living it large, your way. I totally admire your passion for the sport while keeping it real for you
- 25 pull ups in one shot.

brownie said...

Forgot to add "beat the Gorilla" to the list, so the A wave is in there.

Jillian said...

Yoga...toughen up butter cup. And, none of this only hot-classes crapola.