Tuesday, December 01, 2009

2010 Race Schedule

Very preliminary list. Lots of it depend on my luck in various lotteries. If I don't get into Hardrock or get into Trans Rockies (and hence have to bail on Leadville), I probably won't do the Bear. JFK will be a balls out all-or-nothing attempt at a sub eight hour 50. Also looking forward to finally getting to run the Leadville marathon!

I am open to wagers on all of these races. First up is the Stocking Shuffle. Team Shart, loser buys lunch at King's Chef!

Woohoo! Could be a heck of a year!

Dec 5 - Rock Canyon Half Marathon
Dec 12 - Stocking Shuffle 5K
Jan 1 - Rescue Run 10K
Jan 9 - Winter Series I
Jan 23 - Winter Series II
Feb 13 - Winter Series III
Feb 27 - Winter Series IV
Mar TBA - Salida Marathon
April 11 - Platte River Half Marathon
April 19 - Boston Marathon
May 1 - Collegiate Peaks or Greenland 50K
May 8 - Grand Canyon R2R2R
May 22 - Jemez Mountain
May 31 - Bolder Boulder 10K
June 13 - Garden of the Gods 10 miler
June 17 - Bighorn 100 miler
June 26 to 28 - Leadville Training Camp
July 3 - Leadville Marathon
July 4 - Leadville 5K
July 12 - Hardrock
July 31 - 24 Hours of Leadville
Aug TBA - either TransRockies or Leadville 100
Sept 24 - Bear 100
Nov 20 - JFK 50 miler
Feb 2011 - NOLA Marathon
May 2011 - Eugene Marathon

13 comments:

GZ said...

Nice. Hoping our paths cross on a couple of those. 25 miler or 50 at CP?

brownie said...

Not sure. The smart thing would be to do the 25, since I'd be coming off Boston and facing two other huge runs in May. But I rarely do the smart thing. Or I may be at Greenland. Who knows.

If I get into Trans Rockies I may be able to pace at Leadville...

GZ said...

It has been a bit hard for me to think about Pb with the XC 10k on the horizon. And if anything, revisiting some stuff from last summer, I am contemplating more about finishing some business at MW and Pikes. Or not finishing it and being tied up in trying to finish it for the rest of my life. Which ain't a bad thing.

katie said...

Woohoo! Road trips are looking pretty epic

Moogy said...

I f'ing hate people that don't get injured!!!

Brandon Fuller said...

I will have a Pancho Via with...oh, I have to win first I guess.

Dude, this is a thick list. All back to back and shit.

TransRockies? Really? You need a teammate and it can't be a 6 pack of PBR.

Also, planning on going to Pb training camp.

Need to put mine together but you put some good options out there.

Carie said...

Very happy to see JFK on there! I hope you do it. I'll crew for you. And of course you guys have crash space at my place if you want.

MW said...

23 races? are you fucking kidding me?! You've got the worst FOMO of anyone i've ever met. Worse than any woman I've met included.

brownie said...

The first nine on that list are glorified tempo runs. All the Winter Series races are tempo runs after I've done a long run. And the only ones I care about doing well are Boston, Hardrock, and Leadville, and there is a chance I won't get to run HR or Pb.

Nick said...

You're donating some serious cash to those Leadville folks in 2010. 24 hrs of Leadville! Really?

Races where our paths might cross:

Salida (for sure)
CP 25/50 (almost for sure)
Jemez (possibly)
Leadville Marathon (almost for sure)
Leadville 100 (probable)
Hardrock (If no WS100, next on the list)
Bear (Depends on a number of variables)
JFK (hopefully)

Looks like you were 26 mins back on me at Salida last year, so I'll offer you that handicap for 2010, if you're game. Seems like a 12-pack of the nearest micro-brew would be a tasty stake.

brownie said...

Nick, you're on! 26 minutes, you better watch your back. I've run that race every year they've had it, so by now I know all the good shortcuts.

Yeah, lots of $$$ to Leadville. Luckily it's cheap to drink there and I can sleep in my truck. Still hafta wait to see the details of the 24 hour thing before I commit, but it could be a really good long run in between HR and the LT/100 or TransRockies.

waldo said...

I wish I had something tough and running related to say, but I don't. Want to meet us in NOLA in 2011? We've never been to Mardi Gras!

Jes said...

I might try to meet you at the Grand Canyon. Not to run the whole thing, of course. Just because it's my favorite place in the world, and then I can cross off "seeing family" on my list of things to do in 2010.