Tuesday, April 07, 2009

HPb 138 - Garden training run

Up early this morning to hang with the Pikes Peak Road Runners Garden training peeps. Had a fantastic workout. Warmed up along the Palmer trail to Rampart Range Road. Then did 3 x 8 minutes up RRR, with four minutes easy between the repeats. Hit 1.01 miles, .95 miles, and .90 miles on the intervals. Looks easy to you roadies, but running up RRR ain't no joke. Best hill run I've had in a long time.

Streak is now up to 23 days. After this week I'll be taking off every Monday for the DIM hashes (which are usually around seven miles long, but I'm not anal enough to count that as training).

FYI, my current body fat percentage now stands at 12% and my blood pressure is 139/80. Definitely have a lot of work to do.

Start time - 6AM
Distance - 9.9 miles
Time - 1:30:04
Pace - 9:06 per mile
Weather - 50F, clear skies, beautiful morning in the Garden!
Weight - 170 lbs

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice job with the run. That really sounds like a fun place.

Paul DeWitt said...

What's your PBIB?

(percent beer in blood)

brownie said...

It will be higher tomorrow after the THL tonight!

Paul, as I was picking up some beer bottles on RRR (mostly budweiser - the official beer of CSCO gun totin' white trash), I found an empty bottle of Breck Oatmeal Stout in the pile. You need to clean up your trash!

Carie said...

Not that anal? You count every other freaking thing you do with a number! Wanker.

brownie said...

Not hashing. I draw the line somewhere!