Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Desert RATS pics

Here are the race photos from the 50 miler. Can't get around the copyright thing so you'll hafta click the links.

Pics of me:
pic 1 (yeah, I look pretty rough at the 1.5 mile mark)
pic 2
pic 3
pic 4
pic 5 (approaching 37 miles)
pic 6 (from the five miler on Sunday; yes, I look slow, and you can make fun of me after you put on your Hardrock finisher's shirt)

Pics of Katie:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Pics of Magnum P.I., aka The Best Dressed Man in Ultrarunning:
pic 1
pic 2

Pic of Tony. For the record, I evened up my head-to-head record against Tony at 2-2. He's nipped me twice at Leadville (though once I was so close all he had time to do after finishing was get a full nights sleep and go for a five mile recovery run and then grab breakfast before coming back to see me finish), I crossed the finish line before him at Greenland 2007 and Fruita '09.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pics. Tony always looks like he is out for a leisurly 5k - he is so smooth.

Shad Mika said...

The Magnum PI guy was in Leadville last year. I ran with him for a while at the High Mountain 50K last summer in Leadville. He wore the same outfit.

Carie said...

Damn! So close to race number 69.

brownie said...

I see Magnum PI at a lot of local ultras, we're often close together. And you are incorrect Trailrat, he told me he gets a new hawaiian shirt for every race.

I know, Chum, I wish I coulda got a higher number. The numbers were weird - cloth instead of paper. Think it may be an adventure race thing.

Unknown said...

Dood! You look like shit! Were you hashing?

brownie said...

FastEd, it's not a fashion show. Not all of us were on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy like you. By the way, you were on the slide show for Desert RATS, and you looked like shit.