Monday, March 05, 2012

Monday

Easy four miles with the dog this morning, 40 minutes.

Not to put any pressure on Nick, but he's going to have to go sub three at Salida to win any beer from me.  Seems like he's been doing a lot of training with this guy, so he can't be in that good of shape.

Somehow I ended up second in my age group in Pueblo.  Gerald must have just turned 40.  Need to start padding the trophy case while everyone else is in a different age group.  It would help if I actually showed up at the awards presentation instead of bolting post-race for the nearest bar.

2 comments:

mike_hinterberg said...

Definitely, both of us have been slogging too many 15-30 min miles on the weekend. This week's marathon, and next week's 5k, will probably be a disaster.

I'll probably be pushing against the cutoffs at Salida at those paces, but hope to stick around Sat afternoon/night for a bit, and then hike/run or ski some Sawatch on Sunday. Loser buys a beer? I won't even ask for a handicap from Collegiate Peaks or Leadville time differences, but willing to do it straight up -- that's the kind of gambler I am.

brownie said...

I was hoping to never have to race you or Footfeathers again after CP.

But I'll take that bet.