Tuesday, March 13, 2012

catching up

Been away from the computer for a bit, I'll try to catch up tomorrow while I'm at work.

Salida went well.  I'm always limited there due to how much beer I drink before the race, but it's one of the most fun weekends of the year.  Great first half, reaching the turnaround cone in two hours flat.  Really feel I could have closed in 1:45 to 1:50, but instead I started drinking beer and had a very easy 2:33 second half.  Will do a better recap on this tomorrow, including posting some of the pics of Saturday night's pub crawl, which turned out to be pretty fabulous.

Another rest day on Sunday due to farting around all day on the drive home.

Monday and Tuesday were solid runs.  Hit the hike-and-bike trails in Aurora on Mon for 12.5 miles.  Awesome run today, Red Rock Canyon/Intemann/Section 16/Garden, 11 miles in two hours.

Here's me, cruising up Tenderfoot Mountain, right behind Andy.  Hope I don't lose my lucrative Inside Trail sponsorship for going with the local pizza joint, but by the time FF finds my name buried in the results he'll be old and senile.

The chick behind me in the above pic hung on my ass for the first 14 miles.  Obviously checking out the view.  Here's a better shot:

Smokin' hot.  But #409 is not listed in the results.  Would have been hard to DNF from where I dropped her.  All I know is that I left her with Slow Aaron in the middle of the woods, and she hasn't been seen since...

1 comment:

Local Mind Media said...

That would be Sandi. She can beat you down at just about any race. Her strategy is to lull you into staring at her, then she kicks you in the balls and runs off.

We're withholding more Inside Trail gear upon investigation of this race for infringement of the athlete endorsement contract. We'll be in touch.