Saturday, March 31, 2012

27/350

27 miles, six hours this afternoon.  Garden/Rampart Range Road/Williams/Incline/Barr/Intemann/Red Rock Canyon.  Overall pace was skewed because I ran with Brooks for about 100 meters before I hit the Incline and he went off up to Barr Camp.  Really wilted under the heat while on the Intemann trail, with about seven miles to go.  Could have called $100 to come pick me up, but really, what kind of pussy would make such a call of shame?

Just over 350 miles for the month of March.  Think it's the second highest total ever for me.  Wasn't planning on such a high month, but the weather had me out a lot more than I was planning.  Five runs of 21+ miles on the month.  That's about four more non-race long runs than I've ever done in a Hardrock buildup.

Congrats to Pitt hoops, 2012 champions!


3 comments:

Andy said...

Heat training in Colorado the last day of March... who would have thunk it! Seriously it was hot out there but it got a lot better after No-Name. Good seeing you out there.

brownie said...

The water pumps were unlocked at the Manitou cemetery, otherwise I'd probably still be out there. First time I've ever been able to get water from them.

J.P. Patrick said...

Hurtful.