Thursday, March 22, 2012

Barr

Barr Trail tempo run.  Tied my PR by matching the wood fence above the Top of the W's in 30 minutes.  Top of the W's in 28:30.  Think a 2:59:59 pace is getting there around 25 minutes (starting from the Cog, where BTMR starts, maybe someone can correct this pace?).  Without the dog I think I could hit 25 right now, she gets real skittish when we see other runners/hikers and I have to slow down to keep her in sight.  New level of excuse making for me, blaming the dog.

Pitt is in the championship game!  Natalee, closet Pitt fan that she is, was at the game.  Always nice to win a game, especially this year, but DAMN I sure wish that Butler W could have came last year.  The Pirates are 7-10 in the Grapefruit league, and ahead of five other teams, so far.  So at least I have the possibility of a solid .400 season to celebrate after the CBI tourney is over.

1 comment:

GZ said...

According to the Ice Cream Man's pace calculator, a 2:59:59 pace gets you to the top of the Ws in 36:11. He gives 11:20 to get to Hydro Street on that.

The Cog is of course a touch under Hydro street, and I think that split is always a bit fast calculated. I'd say 24 minutes.