Monday, February 13, 2012

week in review

Sunday - 14.5 miles, three hours.  I heard I passed out on the kitchen floor Saturday night, so the hangover slowed me down a bit.

70.9 miles on the week.  Little lower than I wanted, thanks to mother nature reminding us that the Front Range can still get some winter weather.

This week will be a bit low as well.  $100 is being selfish and forcing me into some non-running activities on Tuesday, and of course Manitou Mardi Gras never helps me on the long runs.

Worked a shift at Trinity last night.  Got to try some stuff from Crooked Stave, and I even got to drink a pint of Buddha Nuvo, which is normally a bit out of my price range at $38 a bottle (less than two pints in a bottle, FYI).  Meh.  I know a lot of brewer types get boners over stuff like that, but I like beers that taste like beer, not wine.  As usual, Urban Dictionary puts it best:



Those individuals who regard any beer that they do not drink as piss. Completely ignorant of climate, context, and social class, beer snobs are contemptuously dismissive of any beer that a mortal cannot walk across like Jesus Christ did across the water.

Beer snobs are tedious bores, assuming that any beer which doesn't meet their definition of "adequately pretentious" is drunk out of ignorance.
"Here, have this Pacifico."

"I don't drink goat piss. Give me a Schteupereiner - warm! With a fork and knife!"

"It's 104 degrees out."

"So?"

"We don't have any Schteupereiner. All we have is this, which our daughter brought home from college. It's some kind of microbrew from Oregon, something called "Neu Dungcastle Pine Chocolate Honey Garlic Walnut Porter."

"Does it cost at least $12.00 for a six pack?"

"I don't know. It looks like she just bought the bottle for...it looks like $8.00."

"Yeah, gimme that. You are philistines, the lot of you! And make sure you give me a room temperature glass! I don't want any condensation on those chilled glasses you keep around watering down my beer!"

"Here you go!"

"THAT....is a PILSENER GLASS. Are you trying to start shit?"

"You sir, are a motherfucking beer snob - a relentless elitist of poor character and abject dicketry. And now, you die. ENGARDE!"


2 comments:

mtnrunner2 said...

You'll just have to call me Chesterton Snobbsworthy III.

However I have been known to drink Keystone Light when it was the house brew. Wouldn't want to be rude.

brownie said...

I am going to call you that from now on, it's a great name! So you won't pay a nickel for any race, but $20 for a pint of beer is totally acceptable!