Wednesday, February 01, 2012

local shit

Easy 5.3 miles home from work.  Finally recovered from the Monday long run.

Couple 'o e-mails concerning the recent crime wave near Red Rock Lounge.  Some of the quotes:

"Just left Safeway and noticed that they have officers on HORSES over there today.  Another thing that I thought of when I was in the bathroom at Safeway was the attempted rape in THAT bathroom a few weeks ago."

"I was just at the Safeway in Red Rocks.  As I left, two horse mounted Sheriff's deputies were visiting with people who appeared to be loitering there.  We can be grateful for their presence."

So I guess I'll have to watch out for horse shit when stumbling to/from the Lounge.  We even got an official reply from COS Police:

"We are currently working on issues around Red Rocks Shopping Center.  The Homeless Outreach Team has been in the area a good deal, and the Motorcycle Unit will be sending Officers to work in the area.  In reference to panhandling, if the person is on the sidewalk, they are not violating any laws and we cannot do anything about them being there.  Case law has dictated that panhandling is protected as Freedom of Speech."

Again, this is a pretty safe neighborhood.  My guess, knowing the folks around here, is that they are more worried about having, gasp, homeless people in the vicinity, then they are worried about crime.  The baseball bat thing was the first violent crime in the area since I've been here.

And this is the first I've heard about the Safeway rape, and I couldn't dig up anything about it on the Gazette.  Was probably just O'Day hitting on some fat chick...

No comments: