Thursday, February 09, 2012

Cheyenne Canon

Late start, so I could only go up to the green gate at High Drive.  Hit the gate at 35 minutes, so no record was gonna be set even had I gone up to the top of High Drive.  Six miles, just over one hour.

Switching to Barr Trail for the Thursday morning workout.  The Canon workouts just don't quite fit.  To make it work, I need to get up at 4:30AM, and that just isn't going to happen.  Besides, the dog has been asking for more miles, and she'll be able to tag along on Barr Trail.

Started reading The Long Walk last night.  Pretty solid book so far, and I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more notice among the ultrarunning crowd.  There is actually some debate over whether or not the story is true.  The Lance lovers are saying, "Rawicz has done more for Siberian gulag victim awareness than anyone else, so he should get a free pass to lie" while everyone else is just enjoying a good book.

3 comments:

Shad Mika said...

That is one of my all time favorite books. It makes the suffering we do for fun a joke.

Andy said...

I will do BT with you starting on the 23rd. I will be gone next Thursday. How far do you go up Barr typically?

brownie said...

Start at 5:30AM up at the Barr Trail TH (near the bathroom). 40 minutes up.