Monday, February 06, 2012

Super Half

1:28:17.  Blech.  I'm never too upset with a sub 90, but disappointed in how I raced today.  Was on pace for a PR at mile five, 32:30, and in 5th place there.  But mentally I pussed out between mile five and mile eleven.  Was running a lot closer to seven minute miles than six thirty miles.  Was passed at mile eleven to fall back to 10th place, but finally the sand all fell out of my vag and I rallied back to 9th.

I think I'm pretty close to a big half marathon PR though.  A few more races and I'll be there.  Hoping to PR twice in April, at Platte River and then the next week at the Free State 100K.

80 miles on the week, with one rest day.  Was going to get more at the Barr Trail run on Sunday night, but since it was already a big mileage week I got drunk instead.  To show how much I care about football when the Steelers aren't in it, I watched Shameless instead of the Super Bowl.

This morning was an easy three miles with $100 and the dog in Red Rock Canyon.

Big kudos to the Rocky folks, CO did pretty well out there.  Think Andy W is still on his last lap though...

Alberto Contador, guilty.  He should start hashing, "Tainted Beef" would make a great hash name.  Loser.


3 comments:

Rob Timko said...

I'll be right back, I need to go see a bookie on getting my money back...

Matt said...

Contador stripped (bent over and corn holed) the same weekend lance's federal investigation ends. I'm a pretty big believer in karma (or whatever you call it); lance is going to at least make a pit stop in hell.

And now that gz has no blog roll, you're it, dude: the one stop blog spot.

GZ said...

Matt - any blessing of the blog power you had went out the window with that post on Roes. Or sumthin like that. ;0.