Tuesday, July 05, 2011

weekend

Another awesome weekend in the books.

Good batch of 5K's. Sub 18:40 on both of 'em. The Leadville one is my Colorado PR, but I won't count it since the course may be a bit short. Still, the effort there was pretty impressive, I was really hurtin' the second half. Been getting the urge to go sub 18 for the 3.1 distance. Looks like I have a long way to go, but I think if I actually warmed up for the short distance race I'd be right there. Christ, half an hour before the Leadville 5k I was in the bar finishing up my drink. Lots of fun, but not exactly setting the stage for a fast time.

Very sad to learn Bobbi's Place in Leadville has closed. Had quite a few late nights there, will definitely miss the place whenever I visit Pb.

Took $100 and the dog up Mt. Antero on Sunday. The dog's first 14er. Other than puking on the summit, she did awesome. 13ish miles, it's also the longest she's hiked. My 29th CO 14er, hope to get a few more in this summer.

The annual Blues Traveler show was awesome, as usual. Special bonus that they played the entire "Travelers and Thieves" album, my favorite from those guys.

Pirates are three games over .500. Clear your calendar, the world series celebration at my place is gonna be epic!

2 comments:

Darren said...

JT, how much snow was there on Mt. Antero? My parents hiked Shavano this last weekend and from the pictures it looked like there was very little snow. Basically, I'm just trying to get an idea if the snow on the Twin Lakes side of Hope will be gone by Pbville.

Take care of Tim at HR!

Darren

brownie said...

No snow on the trail for Antero. A couple piles here and there for the dog to play in, but that's it.

Looks like there is a bit more snow up north, but I'm not sure how much.