Monday, July 13, 2009

This was the final paragraph of my write up of last year's Leadville debacle:

"Will I ever do another hundred miler? I’m not sure. I can’t imagine going out on a DNF, especially one as disappointing as this. On the other hand, I really can’t say I’ve enjoyed any of the hundreds I’ve attempted. It’s such a huge financial and time commitment, and I’m not sure it’s worth it in the end. You’d think it would be worth it when you cross the finish line, but I’m always too wasted to enjoy that. I could do well at marathons and even 50 milers with only a quarter of the time spent on training, allowing me to have much more of a life here in Colorado. We’ll see…"

Pretty funny, because right now I wish there was one that started tomorrow that I could go do.


3 comments:

katie said...

did you see moogy's comment on your leadville post last year? and look at that crazy fool he was right there "toeing the line" with you at hardrock.

MW said...

and you wrote this at the end of your first leadville race report...

"So that's it, the story of my first hundred miler. Very happy with my race, I was running to finish and didn't care about my time. Gained a ton of valuable experience, and someday I'll return to this race for a sub-24 hour finish."

Guess I know what the time plan is for this one!

brownie said...

My Pb goal is to finally get the big buckle!