Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Part IX: Kroger's to Telluride

Despite the fact that everyone else can run down the steep, scree filled section after Kroger's, I crab walk. Something about falling to my death in the mountains always scares me. But I survive, and am psyched by the fact that the sun is starting to rise and I'm looking at a five mile downhill on relatively tame (by Hardrock standards, anyways) singletrack into Telluride. I'm really struggling during this section, but because it's downhill I'm able to keep a decent pace. Paul continues to push me on, and without him this section would have been much slower for me. At 6:47, I arrive at the aid station, unfortunately too late to see George Clinton & P-Funk, who played near the aid station the previous night. Ensure, some mac & cheese, an almond snickers bar, some Pabst, and I'm ready to hit the trail once again. Less than 28 miles to go.

No comments: