Sunday, December 01, 2013

Turkey Trot

Another slowpoke Turkey Trot in the books.  Stayed at the Red Rock Lounge way too late on Wednesday and had trouble getting out of bed on Thursday.  Got to the race late and the flustered volunteer couldn't find my bib so I told her not to worry and just bandited the thing.  Don't hate, I did pay my entry fee.  Was expecting somewhere around a 25 flat due to how I was feeling, so I was pleasantly surprised when I ran 20:50.  Such is the state of my running nowadays that I'm happy with 20+ minute 5k's.

Oh yeah, and I snagged another mascot pic.  The Kaiser-Permanante broccoli stalk!


And speaking of mascots, the race was actually won by one.  Dude threw down a 15:29 in the Flash outfit to beat out the other 3800 runners.  Interview over here.


Thanks to Pikes Peak Sports for the pics!

I have signed up for my first 2014 race, the Mt Evans Ascent.  Had a blast here last year so I figured I'd go back.

1 comment:

Natalee said...

Sweet Broccoli!