Monday, December 02, 2013

Beer Advent Calendar

As a warm up to my 365 beers of 2014, I accepted an invite to Kirk's world famous beer advent calendar.  Me and 14 others each wrapped 25 different beers of our choosing, numbering each beer from one to 25.  With an equal number of yellow swill lovers and beer snobs, the prospects were endless.  Ended up with 375 unknown beers on Kirk's kitchen table.


Since it was December 1st, we all got to drink beer #1.  I scored a black IPA from Santa Fe Brewing.


The only rule was that beer #25, which will be opened on Christmas day, has to be a "good" beer.  Since I'm such an expert on what a "good" beer is, I have complete confidence that the dude who picked my #25 will enjoy it.

BLOS and I decided to take beer #2 up to the top of Red Mountain tonight.  The suspense killed me all the way up the hill.

Boom!  Another winner!  Face Down Brown Ale from the great folks at Telluride Brewing.


This pic is looking down at Manitou.  A little Hardrock trivia: Telluride Brewing is the fifth closest brewery to the Hardrock course.  First person to name the four that are closer gets a free beer.

Just to highlight the range of beers that are possible, here is day #2 for Mike & Kristen:


Been pretty sparce here on the blog lately, but maybe this will motivate me to begin daily posts again.  Did get four miles up and down Red this evening, very slow with BLOS, Nacheaux, Vega, and the dog.  Need to get a decent run in tomorrow since it looks like I'll be spending lots of time indoors over the next week, where our high is expected to be around 10F.

13 comments:

Natalee said...

If you change the prize to whiskey, my guess is Avalanche, Ouray, and Ourayle.

brownie said...

You're missing one.

Shad Mika said...

And number 4 is Silverton. No taproom but they still bottle. Where is my beer bitch.

brownie said...

Not Silverton. They are closed. They bottle in Denver.

Shad Mika said...

That I did not know.

http://www.smugglersbrewpub.com/

Matt said...

You're doing a heck of a job.

brownie said...

Shad wins the beer. Someone left a miller light in my fridge, glad I can finally get rid of it.

GZ said...

Shad is winning beer everywhere now. Apparently Kircher owes him too or is that on a longer time arc?

Jaime said...

Forgot about Smugglers and that joint is great. I would have guess Brown Dog but apparently they don't make their own beer.

trudginalong said...

I want in on beer advent next year.

MadMarmot said...

Don't forget the Krogers Canteen Brewery,woohoo,i win!

brownie said...

Kroger's Canteen and Sancho's are my two favorite bars!

Gombu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.